Bridgend Paper Mill – Consultation on expansion of operations
WEPA UK Ltd is considering the possibility to expand its existing operations at the Bridgend Paper Mill in Llangynwyd and in February 2020 submitted a planning application to Bridgend County Borough Council to reflect such proposals.
The application can be viewed on Bridgend County Borough Council’s website using the reference number P/20/119/FUL.
The proposals for the site would include:
• A second tissue paper machine and additional converting capacity in new building extensions
• Storage facilities for the existing raw materials required to make paper
• A relocation and enlargement of the existing area for stock preparation
• The relocation of the existing sludge press (part of the manufacturing process)
• An extension to expand the converting operation (part of the manufacturing or finishing process)
• Enlargement of existing storage and shipping facilities
• A new 42m tall automated warehouse to store finished goods
• Shipping area for finished products
• A relocation of the existing gate house plus an additional second site entrance/exit to control and monitor vehicles arriving/leaving the site and to improve overall traffic safety
WEPA UK Ltd held two information events where members of the local community were able to view the proposals of the site. Members of the project team were on hand to answer any questions that residents had regarding the proposals. Information that was displayed at the two events can be found here.
The events were held:
On: Monday 18th November
At: Coytrahen Community Centre, Bridgend Road, Bridgend, CF32 0EB
On: Wednesday 20th November
At: Bettws Life Centre, Bettws Road, Bettws, Bridgend, CF32 8TB
In line with the requirements of the Planning (Wales) Act 2015, WEPA triggered the statutory 28-day pre-application consultation period on Tuesday 5th November 2019 and the draft application documents for the proposals are available to view below.
If you have any questions about the proposals for the Bridgend Paper Mill or wish to make a comment on our plans please contact the project team via one of the following methods:
– Write to us at Freepost, Meeting Place Communications (no stamp required)
– Call us on 0800 148 8911
– Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic design drawings – PAC
Documents – PAC